Monday, April 9, 2007

For All You E30 Rally Fans


I love rally videos. I could watch them for hours on end. I think this is partially because the cars look more like street cars than vehicles from other racing series and partially because they are racing on public roads. But the biggest allure for me is the incredible car control that professional rally driver’s are able to display. I can vividly remember the first time I saw Colin McRae negotiate an uphill hairpin turn in his Subaru Impreza, quite an amazing feat.

This weekend a friend of mine sent me a great rally video featuring one of the coolest sport sedans in recent history, the E30 M3. Even if you don’t like BMW’s you have to admit the E30 is an awesome ride. The rear drive sedan has powerful naturally aspirated (in stock spec) four cylinder engine, aggressive but not overdone fender flares, and unlike the modern M3 is still small enough to be easily tossed about on a rally course. I really enjoyed this clip of Patrick Snijers hammering away in the BMW and hope you guys like it as well.

Stay tuned for some group B rally action later this week.

-Bill Mertz

0 comments: